Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life is GREAT!!

Last weekend was such a wonderful spiritual weekend for us. We had the wonderful opportunity of going to Logan to attend the temple with Brett's bother who was taking out his endowments. For those of those that don't know what that means read this:

“The ordinances of the endowment embody certain obligations on the part of the individual, such as covenant and promise to observe the law of strict virtue and chastity, to be charitable, benevolent, tolerant and pure; to devote both talent and material means to the spread of truth and the uplifting of the race; to maintain devotion to the cause of truth; and to seek in every way to contribute to the great preparation that the earth may be made ready to receive her King,—the Lord Jesus Christ. With the taking of each covenant and the assuming of each obligation a promised blessing is pronounced, contingent upon the faithful observance of the conditions.” (The House of the Lord, [Bookcraft, 1962], p. 100.)

or

To receive the temple endowment is to receive the riches of eternity—the knowledge, the power, the keys to unlock the door to the treasures of heaven. To receive the endowment is to receive a course of instruction together with all the keys, powers, and ordinances ordained and revealed by God to prepare his children for eternal life.

I know with all my heart that the Temple is the House of God and he seeks all to come. It was such a special experience to be there in the temple with my in-laws. I have a testimony of eternal life and the feeling I experience when I'm in the temple with my family is like none other. To me the best part about the temple is the closeness I feel to my Savior Jesus Christ. The spirit I felt that night was so special. I look forward to the day when Erica and Nick can attend the temple with us. I love my in-laws and I'm grateful for them and their testimony.

Andrew took out his endowments in preparation for his mission to Rome, Italy. Just thinking of this makes me tear up again because I know he is going to touch so many lives. The LDS church is building a temple in Rome and is scheduled to be completed while Andrew is serving his mission. When a new temple is built the gospel flourishes in that area. I know Andrew is being called to Rome to prepare the people for such a wonderful blessing in their historic city. Andrew is also fluent in Italian and Brett's dad served his mission in Italy too, so it is something we are all excited about.


The other wonderful part about the weekend was General Conference. We get the opportunity to listen to the general authorities of the church twice a year. Many times I take it for granted but the temple helped prepare me this time to intently listen and pray for answers. We are so blessed to be able to hear this guidance and council from church leaders in a world filled with uncertainty and turmoil. I truly believe that the living prophets today are delivering the word of God. I am eternally grateful for such a knowledge in my life and all the many blessings it brings. I feel a new sense of focus in life and a love for my family that has uplifted my spirit and made me smile!


1 comment:

  1. could he really be that old! wow!! tell him congrats! Love this post

    ReplyDelete