Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SPIDERS!!!

Last night went something like this. I went to bed while Brett was working on homework and Abby was so tired she gladly came upstairs with me and fell hard asleep at the foot of the bed. I left my scentsy wall burner on so there was a little light coming from it. I was asleep for about 20 minuets when I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs. It was so traumatic for me that I can't even really remember what I was screaming. I know I was yelling help so Brett would get up there. He opens the door to still find Abby hard asleep on the bed like nothing happened. The comforter was stripped of the bed and I was standing by the wall shaking and still screaming. Brett was terrified that something horribly was wrong and kept asking me what? what happened? It was hard for me to tell him because strangely enough I hardly knew myself. All I knew was that there was a very large spider looking like the picture below crawling towards my face. I was very certain of it and persistent that he look everywhere possible in the room. He was eager to finish his homework and get to bed so I really had to convince him he needed to look everywhere. He tried to tell me I probably dreamed it but I wasn't taking any chances so I told him it was real and I saw it his reply was "hunny I'm sure you saw it but it's gone now just go to bed". If you knew how deathly afraid of spiders I am you would understand what a traumatic experience that was.

I'm pretty sure even with the scentsy light on I wouldn't have seen the spider in the dark plus I was sleeping. Haha! Now that I'm awake evaluating the situation I'm thinking it was a dream. I'm so silly even at the age of 23 I wake up screaming in the night and need someone to console me. I'm a bad sleep talker and I have very real dreams about half the time maybe that is why I never feel rested.

After all this I realized how sweet my husband is and instead of making fun of me and telling me to go back to bed it was nothing, he tried to validate what I saw and helped me get back to bed even though he was certain I was dreaming. Poor guy he was probably thinking he had the craziest wife ever. Hopefully I will have no more dreams about spiders it is not helping me get over my phobia!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate those kind of dreams. When we were doing a lot of work in the backyard and pulling out bushes and weeds, I saw a lot of bugs. I could not sleep for weeks because I would always dream about them. I glad that you have a great man to help comfort you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong if I laughed after I felt really bad for you because I have had those kinds of dreams/reality nightmares?!?!?

    ReplyDelete