Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Allen Dykman

As I have posted about before I am the Idaho Business Leader of the Year Chairperson. I've begun to feel a little overwhelmed with everything there is to do I just want the event to be perfect. After a time intensive nomination process we voted on a winner, his name is Allen Dykman. Brandon, the president of the fraternity, the Dean of the college of business and our advisor all traveled down to Boise to surprise our winner. His wife and friends were in on the scheme but Allen had no idea. We were playing as insurance agents and then when all his friends and family had gathered we announced why we were really there. He owns an electric supply company headquartered Boise and has offices in multiple places around the country. He is a former football star at BSU and has had a lot of involvement with BSU. He is a great guy I'm excited for this years IBLOY. The list of this guys accomplishment was very impressive and when we went to surprise him there were many distinguished business people there to support him including the president of BSU and his wife.

I feel so fortunate to have these opportunities. It was a very neat experience, it was a time when I was taken back by myself and the person I've become. I feel like such an ordinary person and moments like this when I've done something extraordinary it makes me think about how much I am capable of. When I think of who Mickenzie is I don't really think of a professional business woman that is excelling her career but it's what I want to become. That is why I cherish these moments when I feel like I've become someone; I have a long way to go but feel like I'm on the right track.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your comment. i really appreciate it. im amazed at the things you have been able to do with your schooling already. you seem way further ahead than most. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete