Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Frat Brother!!!

I'm now a Brother of the Alpha Kappa Psi fraternity. It's a new experience being called brother. Don't worry I'm not doing kegs or crazy initiation. It's a professional business fraternity, no alcohol or hazing is allowed. It's a big long process to be inducted into the group. I had to do a fundraiser, professional event, service project, an exam, an interview, and put forth the bucks. This week I was initiated which consisted of a ceremony. It's been a lot of time that I don't really have but I think it will really pay off. The fraternity brothers have the opportunity to meet so many business professionals in idaho. In fact the president this year was offered a job from the Idaho Business leader of the Year. We had elections this week and I ran for VP of professional events and IBLOY (idaho business leader of the year) chair. I was emailed the elections results and those two positions weren't listed. I later found out that I was elected for both positions. I excepted the position of IBLOY chair. It made me feel so good that everyone has that much faith in me. I'm nervous because it's a huge event to plan but I have a good group of people to help me. It's fun belonging to a group and I hope I will gain a lot from this experience. 

2 comments:

  1. You will be busy, but you will be great at it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do a great job as IBLOY chair. I bet we'll come :) As you mentioned it's really helped Derek and I think you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete