Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bringhurst Family Trip

Last week we went to Brett's family's cabin in Island Park for some good ole family fun. Brett's family is a very busy one so we don't get to see everyone often. We spent a total of five days up there and had so much fun playing in the water. I love going up to the cabin because its right on the water and they have their own dock. We would tie the boat up and wait for it to get nice and then tear it up :) The cabin has so many memories for us and I know there will be many more to come.

Brett's Brother Nick is such a character he will surely keep you entertained
Erica my sister in-law. It's so fun having a sister. She let me borrow Breaking Dawn and I read a lot while I was there so she would listen to me freaking out.
Brett's high school friend Scott and his wife Courtney came up to the cabin for a couple days. It was a lot of fun to have them up there and Scott brought his nice camera to take some sweet pictures of us.

Brett and Scott taking a little Sunday stroll or should we say paddle
Courtney is 7 months prego and was such a trooper she never complained about anything and just went along for the ride
This is Scott trying to show us some tricks. If only we had shoots of all the times he ate it trying to slalom ski it made for a good laugh

I just thought this was cute of our little Nicholas

This is my father in-law skiing at 50 I think it's pretty awesome
I don't think you can get cuter than this kid

I had so much fun wake boarding definitely the best of the season. Every time I got out there it was just glass and you can't beat that. The water was a little cold but thats what I love about the cabin I can be out in the water and 10 mins later be dry sitting in the cabin reading a book.


I had to include this pic so you could see how smooth it was. When you can see your own reflection its just incredible nothing else like it!
Amazing ride I couldn't get enough!!
When we saw these picture Scott took we laughed so hard because we both had no idea we did this with our tongues as we are being pulled up haha!
My husband kills me he has so many great faces. I don't even think he really knows he is being this animated it's just his silly self and I love it.
How could I not be totally head over heels with that smile. Out on the water is when I see him at his happiest it's priceless.

The Bringhurst's have the funnest kneeboard and I love these shots of brett (nice work Scott)

Sometimes I'm completely fearless hence all my many accidents and broken bones. Someday I will calm it down a little but not for now. I was trying to get as much air as I could on the kneeboard the first day all attempts were successful then there was the crash that left me hurting for days. My neck is still sore from the wreck. Because I took it all in my face right after I surfaced my face muscles started cramping and I couldn't move my face it was pretty hilarious.


It's so funny to me how much these two look a like. If you're wondering what Brett looked like at twelve this is it :)

Scott made us Dutch Oven chocolate carmel cake it was so divine!!

Precious I know
Scotts version looks a lot better than my point and shoot. This was the view from the cabin's docks simply breathtaking! I know this looks like sunrise but it's really the moon pretty cool!

I consider us so lucky to have such great family. We loved spending time with them and creating memories at the cabin. I know it's a place that our kids will love to go as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love to see all those great pictures. I will miss you all at the reunion. Love ya, Alesha

    ReplyDelete