Sunday, March 27, 2011

My winter love

I love skiing more than I can explain. I love it because it is something I get to do with my family and I have so many great memories doing it. Some not so good memories like breaking my femur and blowing out my knee but it just makes me even more grateful my body can still do it. The earliest memories I have is probably about five years old when we would go to Sun Valley. My cousin Bryce and I were the best ski buddies we would ski together all day and just bomb it down the hill doing pizza the entire time. I also remember a time at Sun Valley with my cousin Jessica which is 3 years older and she took me down the face of the mountain. That was a little daunting for my edgy wedgey pizza skills so I sat down and cried until my uncle came and found me. He put me on his shoulders and skied down. If you know how dramatic I am I'm sure I thought I would die until my Uncle Lamar showed up and saved the day.

I'm so happy that Brett is gaining the same love for it that I have so we can have little baby ski bunnies some day. I wouldn't love it as much if I didn't get to share it with the best husband ever. This year he decided to try out snowboarding instead of skiing and he LOVES it! I've been surprised how quickly he is picking it up. After only going twice he went to the top of the mountain with me. I'm so happy and proud of him he is such a good sport. Every time we went my parents and I got worn out before 4pm but Brett and AJ kept going until the last run.




My brother AJ has gotten so good at snowboarding I can't believe it. He is way better at his age than I was soon he will be able to out run me.


Skiing at Snowbasin during spring break


Earlier in the year my good friend Cali invited me to go night skiing with her. It was so much fun we cruised down the runs and were able to get like 13 runs in just a couple hours. It was fun watching Cali do the jumps she has legit skills. When I went over the jumps I would just scream and then think why did I do that lol!


Goodbye Skiing see you next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment