Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's a sad day!!

I feel as though I am in mourning for my dear Oprah Show. I feel like a family member has passed away. I know she is still going to be around but it's not the same lets be honest here. I totally agree I tend to exaggerate, but this post is completely honest. The Oprah show has changed my life in so many ways. I'm a religious watcher; it's part of my week and has been since I was about 16. I want to burst into tears anytime I think about never having that again.

I've cried watching the last week of shows. I felt the lessons and stories deeper than ever before because I knew it was ending. I've watched the last show three times now because I want to soak it in. I think I've been in denial since they announced it would be the last season and I finally let it hit me Wednesday. I want to cry just thinking about it. I'm glad I was watching the show by myself I was super emotional lets just say it was beyond the ugly cry.

The Oprah Show has:

Inspired me to serve others
Taught me how to eat healthy
Taught me the importance of a healthy body
Inspired me to be a dog lover
Taught me about the world
Increased my faith
Inspired me to reach my whole potential
Inspired me to get my bachelors
Gave me empathy
Made me laugh
Made me cry
Taught me how to be a more loving and patient person
Taught me to live life to its fullest

I could go on and on about all the things the Oprah show has taught me. Besides the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints there is no other single things that has influenced me like the Oprah show.

I love being inspired and striving to do better. I know that there are so many other things that can inspire me, but unfortunately it won't be waiting on my DVR every day when I get home from work.



If you didn't see the final show these are a few of my favorite parts

"Don't wait for anybody to fix you, save you, complete you.”

Know what sparks the light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.

Each of you have your own platform… mine is this stage, yours is wherever you are. ….. The power is the same. Not everyone gets paid for it but everyone has the call. Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your life to serve the world.

You are responsible for the energy you create for yourself and you are responsible for the energy you bring to others.

There is a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing you are worthy of happiness. We block our own blessings because we don’t think we are worthy to live the life we were created for. You are worthy because you were born and because you are here. You alone are enough.

To God be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment