Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Epcot and Blizzard Beach

Epcot was fun, but it was rainy towards the end of the day and we were just too tired to deal with the rain. In the morning we did all the rides at the entrance of the park. The few rides at Epcot are amazing. There was the dinosaur ride one of my very favorites, we purchased a picture from the ride because it took the picture right after this huge T-Rex goes in for a bite and I'm literally on top of Brett with a very terrified look it's hilarious. Test Track is great Brett really liked that one. Mission Space is one of the new rides it takes you on this simulation and supposedly it's the closest feeling you can get to going into space. I was a wuss so we went on the not so spinning version because I was worried it would make me sick and it wasn't as cool as the full version. I wanted to try the other one when we got done but by that time the line was 2 hours long. Soaring Over California is amazing I didn't know they added it to the Florida park but it is a favorite for sure. After we did all the rides we went over to the villages and walked around. I think there are about 17 different villages and they all represent a country. The architecture, shops, food, clothing, and shows are authentic to that country. It's really cool because for a minute it feels like you are in a different country. We didn't get around to all the villages because that is when it started to rain. Having a poncho on in 100 degree weather isn't that comfortable. Although we didn't get to see everything it was still fun. It stopped raining just in time to watch the nighttime show and it was incredible. Note: Brett finally got a new pair of sunglasses and I ended up picking a pair up for myself :)




Brett Loves Cars I think it will be awhile before he gets this one
A human car wash
I always wanted some minnie ears
Nemo
I just thought this was a pretty picture
Brett got to ride a Segway around

Blizzard Beach
The next day we spent the whole day at Blizzard Beach. Last time I was there it was my favorite water park but this time I think we actually liked typhoon lagoon better. At blizzard beach there are a lot of slides which at 12 years old I thought was the funnest thing ever. On the day we went it was off and on rainy which made it a little cold being wet and in your swimsuit. All the slides had at least a 20 minute line and I didn't feel like waiting in line when I was cold. So we just sat around in the wave pool and laid out for a while. The slides we did do were a blast though. At blizzard beach they have the tallest water slide in the world. It's called Summit Plummet. You can see it in the background of the picture. The slide continues out the bottom of the ski jump and is so steep it's crazy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment