Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thank you Venus

I'm in a Business Speaking class this semester and one of the assignments are to give a technical speech. I choose to do my speech on the venus fly trap. My teacher, which teaches multiple sections choose me out of all the speeches to participate in a contest. I agreed to compete because they were giving money prizes. I'm happy to announce I got third place out of 6 people and received $100. Of course I wanted 1st place but I was extremely grateful to get third! I gave the speech the same day that Abby was spayed so I was worried about her at the time and I think I just had a lot of anxiety because I was more nervous than usual. I was bummed that I didn't do my best but I can't complain about $100.

1 comment:

  1. Give your self more credit. I think 3rd place is great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete