Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Dream Job

A couple days before my birthday I heard the best news ever. I got a new job, a permanent one at that. All summer long I looked for a job and had no luck. I was either under qualified or over qualified or it was just a job I didn't really want. I got so frustrated because I worked so hard for my degree to find out there aren't any jobs that apply to marketing available and that I would probably end up making $10 an hour. I had hoped the reason I wasn't finding a job was because the right job hadn't come yet. I had been out of work for a couple of weeks and things we were starting to get financially stressed when I landed my dream job.

I am the new Catering Manager at Holiday Inn. This job fits me in so many ways I know it was meant to be. The Holiday Inn has multiple events everyday in their meeting rooms. Our events can be as large as 300 people for a banquet. Until I had this job I didn't realize how much work it takes behind the scenes to pull off large events like that. My job is to put together all the details for all the events and provide instruction to all the kitchen staff that prepare the food and all the banquet staff that makes the event happen. I'm also in charge of selling the meeting rooms so I do a lot of networking in the community.

Previous to this job I would have said my dream job would be to be in charge of all marketing for a large company but this job has changed my mind. I love everything about the job and there is honestly nothing I don't like therefore I would call this my dream job. Every morning I'm excited to go to work and when 5 rolls around I can't believe the day is already over. Multiple times throughout the day I am thankful for opportunity I have to do this job I will never take it for granted.

One of the best parts about this job is the people I work with. Surprisingly all the management is very young and they are really fun people. It is a very positive environment and everyones job is appreciated and valued.

We all needed new head shots for our website so we went to my dads office one afternoon and while we were there we took a group picture. It really isn't a good picture it doesn't do justice for how beautiful these girls are.

The Sales Girls
Shayna (Sales Manager), Tenae (Director of Sales and Marketing), Me,
Cristie (Sales Manager)

My new mug shot

1 comment:

  1. loving what you do makes all the difference in the world. so glad you found something you enjoy! i had so much fun last night! thanks for inviting me again! you have a great group of friends!

    ReplyDelete