Friday, November 13, 2009

Florida Day 1- AKPsi

My florida trip started out with the fraternity convention in Orlando. About 900 brothers were in attendance it was crazy. It blew my mind to see how many AKPsi members there really are out there. ISU had three students there but some fraternities had 30+ and even traveled from the west coast. It inspired me to make ISU's fraternity bigger and better than ever. It was really cool to experience the sense of brotherhood unity. Everyone there was so different but we all came together as friends and brothers. Because we all has this common bond it seemed as if we all had each others back. There were many times where brothers I didn't even know would ask me if I need something (like when I was locked out of my room time and time again). It was a very cool experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity.
Day 1:
The night prior I was up until about 3am packing then I had to be up at 5am. Well as you can imagine I was so tired I turned my alarm clock off without realizing it. Brett was driving me and another AKPsi brother to the SLC airport. I woke up to Mike calling me saying umm I'm waiting for you where are you. I totally freaked out that both of us were going to miss our flight. I felt really bad!! So I brushed my teeth grabbed everything I needed to get ready and jumped in the car. My hair and makeup looked really great that day but it's all I could do. I made Brett drive like mad to the airport and we made it to our gate as they were calling for boarding. Call us lucky!!!

After a long flight we got to the hotel, which the lobby seemed very impressive. The hotel was enormous, I would say it's about the size of ISU lower campus, there were 18 different buildings. So I got to my room that I was sharing with 3 other girls I didn't know and it was gross. Worst room I've ever stayed in and it was even a suite that we paid $120 a night for. I'm a little bit of a priss when it comes to that stuff. Before the events started I took a shower and started crying in the shower because it was so gross. The enamel on the tub was worn off the grout was coming off on the walls and mold was growing in there and lots of long black hair everywhere. I get really freaked out about hair. After I got ready I went to the opening social and then we grabbed something for dinner and when to a Jazz Club B.B. Kings.

The Jazz Club was really fun you definitely don't see this stuff in Pocatello. We all were dancing in front of the stage it was a good time!!! The club was a ways away from our hotel so we took a pedicab (guy riding a bike) back. The poor guy he had to pull all of us really far and he did it so fast.
Mike and Spencer with our Cab driver (or peddler I guess)
I had to video a small clip of the Jazz club because it was great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment