Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Job update

Last week Premier Technology laid me off, which was a little disheartening. I was really passionate about my responsibilities and it was hard to feel like it was all a waste. The day I finished the website they broke the news. They made a decision to lay off all marketing people to save on cost. For a company that size I just think it's crazy, but I hope it works for them. I was hoping that I would get a full time position, but that obviously didn't happen. They were very happy with all the work that I have done and would like to continue to contract me to do work. Depending on how much they give me it might be a win, win situation because they don't have to pay for taxes and employee insurance, but I get paid about double my hourly pay. To be honest I'm so glad to not be working there. I didn't really enjoy it I had a hard time with some of the people and the corporate business strategies. I loved the opportunity and the pay was nice but I dreaded going to work everyday and eight hours never went by fast enough.

I feel so blessed because I found a great job with only being unemployed for a week. I will say that the week off was really nice. I got a job with Bannock Development Corporation. They work with local companies to help strengthen the economy and they are responsible for bringing new companies to bannock county. I'm excited for this job because it will provide so many opportunities to network with businesses in the area. There are two ladies that run the organization and they are really nice I'm excited to work with them. It will be the first time that I had my own office with four walls. It will be nice to have my own space that I can focus without a lot of distractions.

These are a few of the things I did at Premier. Overall I'm glad I had the experience I grew so much.

I was in charge of Premier's new website. I'm really proud how it turned out. It was daunting and overwhelming at times because there are a total of 92 pages.


Front and Back of Business Card
Front of Postcard
Back of Postcard
These are some pictures that I did for the website




No comments:

Post a Comment