Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coupon Krazy!!!


I have never gotten into the whole coupon thing because it just seems like it takes too much time. I'm trying to save some money for our possible trip to Europe and thought this would be a good way to start. I spent some time talking to coupon experts and I thought I had it all together. I got to the check out line and I think only one of my coupons worked out so all that work and I think I saved $1.00. This is exactly why I haven't done coupons before. I need help! It doesn't seem hard but it gets complicated when you have to buy five of these select varieties and specific size and then in combination of these 4 things as well. Just thinking about it makes me feel overwhelmed. I hope all of you have better luck with it than I did. The following links I found most helpful but apparently I didn't do it right.


This site gives you a list of the best deals for grocery stores in Idaho
http://grocerysmarts.com/idaho/lists/splashg83ro1.php

This website is a good resource on killer deals
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

This website has tons of manufacture coupons that you can print off
www.coupons.com

This website has a forum by state where people post good deals and has a list of food items and what prices are a good deal for that product.
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/groceryguide.php

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate coupons too, until I realized that it was easier for me to buy the food we needed on sale. I especially like Fred Meyers or Albertsons. I pick up a copy of the weekly ad (or save it from the Sunday paper) and then plan my meals around the items on sale. I keep manufactors coupons that can be used on top of any store deals. Both stores total your savings at the bottom of the receipt, and when I get home I IMMEDIATELY transfer whatever that arbitrary amount is to savings. Sometimes its just a couple dollars, one week we saved $28! (That's a days bus pass in Europe or a romantic picnic on the french country side). One last hint: Pick up an appropriate copy of Lonely Planet's Travel on a Shoestring Guide. It gives you practical, real planning resources for travel anywhere in the world on a serious budget. Europe is spendy---but I know you will have a wonderful time. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete