Tuesday, August 9, 2011

24th of July

The 3 couples in our neighborhood (aka. bengal view compound people) were put in charge of making our wards 24th of July float this year. I won't lie I grumbled through the whole process but now I realize that it wasn't that bad and it was worth the enjoyment that people got from it. Brett drove the float and the girls rode in the truck. We laughed so hard at how much the ward members on the float were enjoying themselves. It was so fun to hear people commenting on the float. We could hear little kids saying look it's a family tree. It was more rewarding than you can imagine to know people understood our float. We were all a little nervous. The best part is we didn't have to spend hardly any money. There weren't any guilty feelings when we threw it all away.

Emily and I trying to liven our dead "family tree" with tissue paper balls


Proof that the men did help we would have been in trouble without our handy men


I'm not sure why but Emily and I decided to race down the trailer which was on our sloped driveway in the office chairs. We have video of the entertaining race but I will spare you this time!

The theme was "faith of our fathers" so we did "who's in your family tree"

Cali drew us some seriously adorable pictures for our "family tree"


The women who made it all possible. So glad I have such great neighbors I love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment