Friday, June 4, 2010

My little brother is not so little anymore :(

The title says it all my little baby is growing up. Because there is such a big age difference between us when he was little I was more of a mom to him. When we had him in foster care at 18 months I would beg my mom to let him sleep in my room and I would wake up in the night with him, change diapers and all. The funny thing is I totally loved it, it was fun to play mom. Due to his traumatic babyhood he got scared easily and didn't like to be alone, so for the first couple years he slept in my bed. When he was five I finally had to convince him he had to be a big boy and sleep in his own bed, he was so sad. I really cherish those times we had such a sweet bond. Now those times are few and far between because you know it would be uncool to love your sister, but I still love him to death.

I'm sorry that every post I have to take a trip down memory lane but sadly this is my only journal and I want to remember all these great memories.

Now to the real reason for the post! My brother turned 12 and now is a deacon. So weird!! Among all the other million invitations and announcements I've been doing my mom convinced me to make one for my brothers birthday. It's a little corny but it was late at night and admit it's kind of cute. He wanted to take his friends to Craigos for lunch and then the new Shrek 3D movie. Brett and I were able to go and decided that 12 year old boys are just crazy.


I don't know what is happening in this picture
Seth, Nick (Brett's brother), Robbie, AJ (my brother), Dallin, Will, and Danny was missing in this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment